Monday, December 15, 2008

A Good Word for a Great Product

I'm not going to give my perspective on any political happenings going on for now. I think I spend enough time and energy giving political comment, probably too much. Today, I want to give credit where credit is due. Last year, I ordered some books at Amazon.com and it was fantastic. They arrived sooner than expected, in great shape and no guesswork. I say in great shape, because the purchase I was making was no longer available new, I was buying used. By the way, Amazon.com, carries my books, as well. But this was an independent person selling used books through Amazon and I was amazed and impressed, and very, very satisfied. This year, I got a bit more adventuresome after dealing with a private nursery. I was looking for coffee trees. I'd read about people growing them as house plants and since we have a new greenhouse, I thought that sounded like a great addition. I ordered them from the private nursery, Gurney's. I was dumb, in that I didn't read all their rules before I made the purchase that included one item they chose to send right away and the rest will be in a few months, when they see fit. So, as you have probably guessed, the entire shipping charge went on the small inexpensive item that they sent immediately, and they will ship my coffee trees, in the "proper planting season" . . . I live in Missouri, I had no idea there was a proper planting season for coffee trees, here! I exchanged a few e-mails to no avail, and they offered to let me cancel my order. Well, as I already mentioned, the shipping on the entire order has already been paid. . . They are pretty smart on that deal and it makes sense, since this order is a one time deal. There won't be another. My husband reminded me, through all this, that we got burnt with them a few years back by mail order. Anyway, back to Amazon. When I realized Gurney's was going to be making the decision for my horticulture endeavors, I did a Google Search for coffee trees. Amazon.com came up. I checked it out and a nursery called Hirt's Gardens, Inc. has their products available through Amazon. I placed the order, and it was a better price, I might add. Within days, my shipment arrived in beautiful condition. I now have lovely little coffee trees all potted and planted and ready for the event for which they were purchased. I recommend Hirt's Gardens for your gardening needs.
Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive