Monday, April 28, 2008

Our President At His Greatest!

I haven't been an ardent fan of this present administration, and although many would think I've been quite vocal, I assure you, I haven't said everything that's crossed my mind in the past 7 years. I don't listen to his weekly spiels, because it's Sabbath and the radio isn't on. I do check the headlines 6 days a week and our President is nearly always quoted somewhere. I've not been thrilled with what I perceive to be his level of awareness, nor have I been moved by many of his plans of action. I don't agree with much of his ideology, and frankly the State of the Union speeches have left me a little cranky or even worse, feeling like the confusion of our country was somehow more muddled by his words. But I must say this. Every year, I look forward to the words he speaks at the White House Correspondents' Association annual dinner.
Although I don't think he's been an exemplary president, I think he's a great stand up comedian. It's really a shame he wasted his life attempting business ventures and purchasing 1% of a ball team. He could have given Bill Maher a run for his money, regarding political humor and commentary. And let's face it . . . since George W. Bush has been elected, hasn't everything become Politically Incorrect?
I had to chuckle when I heard the lines he delivered.
Senator McCain's not here," Bush said of GOP nominee-in-waiting John McCain. "He probably wanted to distance himself from me a little bit. You know, he's not alone. Jenna's moving out too."
Bush then referred to scandals that have dogged the campaigns of the two remaining Democratic candidates, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, in explaining their absence: "Hillary Clinton couldn't get in because of sniper fire and Senator Obama's at church."

I can't help but wonder how world conditions would be, if rather than making decisions that will affect the next several generations, he'd just been entertaining us the last 7 years. I think the guy's a hoot. So many presidents make a ton of money after their Presidential terms, giving speeches. I think, for his post-Presidential years, G.W. needs to consider stand-up.
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive