Thursday, April 24, 2008

Answers that Lead to More Questions

I've done a bit more research regarding life in general. Everytime I stumble upon more information or an answer to a question, I find I have more questions . . .
With gasoline prices hitting an all time high, why are so many pundits defending the exorbitant profits of the oil companies? Isn't this similar to selling bottled water for $4.00 a liter when the water plant is shut down?
What's the deal with having people discuss how they are trying to adjust their budgets by cutting food costs, then raising the price of what they are using for diet filler? I can't tell you how many comments I've read where people are stating they are eating more rice, less meat, etc. I went to the store today and Rib Eye steaks are on sale and rice has tripled in price . . . Somewhere there is a weird connection between the information and what is being thrust upon the American customer. I refuse to refer to us as consumers. When I am buying something, I am a customer. So, rice was cheap and filling, and people were willing to live on rice to put gas in their tank to go to work where they are constantly faced with potential downsizing, and what happens? We all know what happened. Everytime the American people are willing to tighten their belts or get behind the administration, the American people end up with a new crisis to have to face or a new "this won't be easy . . ." I would imagine things will be just picture perfect at the wedding in Crawford next month.
Speaking of Texas, I have a question about the Texas ranch. Now that all the DNA has been obtained, the phone number that supposedly made this call for help has, sure enough, been traced to the same phone as the woman in Colorado was associated with. It took Texas 3-4 days to round up troopers, SWAT teams, outrageous military vehicles and surround the ranch. It's taken three weeks to trace a phone call with caller ID. Okay, I don't have a question about that, just an opinion that I probably shouldn't write. Just like on Jeopardy, I will put my thought in the form of a question. Just how many Barney Fifes are in these Texas law enforcement agencies? I also checked Texas laws regarding marriage. Seems a 14 year old can get married with parental consent. I didn't see any place that said the other party had to also be under aged.
As to this crazy DNA testing because the children referred to all the men as "uncle" and several women as "mama." Doesn't Dick Cheney's grandson have two mothers?
I guess my last question is pretty simple. Are "they" whomever "they" are, just seeing how much "they" can get away with, or how much "we the people" will allow ourselves to be subjugated?
And they made their lives bitter . . . Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive