Monday, February 19, 2007

The Hosts with the Most

In changing the format of this blog, I want to have something uplifting to say, or at least not negative, on Mondays. Since I've had plenty of negative commentary regarding News/Talk radio, I have now been given the opportunity to give a positive report. I haven't had a television in years and after a couple of months of trying to listen to News/Talk radio, I was about to give up on that, too. But I have found one program unoffensively interesting, truly intriguing and I'm not referring to the UFO discussions.
I cannot say I agree with everything discussed on Coast2Coastam, and I can't say that the hosts agree with everything the guests and the callers say, but I can say, I've heard enough to know I want to hear more. I have listened to all three hosts of this particular program and there is something absolutely unique about this show; the hosts listen to their guests. The hosts are not forcing an agenda and are not blatantly disagreeable, they actually participate in a conversation. How absolutely refreshing! Coast2Coastam caught my attention awhile back when I awoke very early, hearing Art Bell asking for someone to offer proof of the existence of G~d, but it was a rebroadcast, so I sent him my latest book, "While He May Be Found." I caught just a portion of the program again, only with another host so ultimately by last Thursday, I decided to actually set my alarm to hear this program. Well, I didn't get it set right, so at noon Friday, my alarm came on. I reset it, not thinking about turning the alarm off for Sabbath. At midnight, I awoke to Coast2Coastam with yet another host, George Noory. Since it was Sabbath, I didn't call, but I did remain awake to listen and just as Art Bell and Ian Punnett had demonstrated, he also was very courteous to his callers. These men actually listen quite graciously, to their callers. Regardless of religous or political views, I heard moral conservatism as well as true tolerance demonstrated. He certainly never hinted at crudeness, and even with the few political references that were made, he never used disparaging terms to disrespect their names. Just when I thought I couldn't stand any more than 30 minutes of talk radio in any given time frame, I got to hear Coast2Coastam. I am actually changing my schedule to be able to listen to this program. I'm sure I don't have the same beliefs and perspectives as many of their guests, those listening and those calling in, but these three men have a professional courtesy and afford dignity to others, that I truly appreciate and have not found in any other radio hosts. All this and; the news headlines were given at the beginning of the program. It is nice to hear more information than 3 second blurbs and certainly refreshing to hear the news reported without the editorialized comments. Kudos to the hosts of Coast2Coast.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

No comments:

Blog Archive