Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Solutions of Man. . . More Politics

I have now been blogging for two years. Yes, I began the last week of January of 2005. I was looking at a few of those early blogs and aside from some typos that I missed, they could be reposted today and remain timely. I say that because so much of our current history is being revised right before our very eyes, but what is remaining consistent is the fact that neither party here in America has the solution for America. And frankly America doesn't have the solution for the rest of the world. I haven't heard Rush since our electricity was restored, but I do remember him stating something about the Senate ethics committee. While the Senate is supposed to be dealing with their ethics they were discussing, of course, lobbyists and now politically influential bloggers. It has now been discussed that bloggers that carry political influence with a significant number of readers should be required to register like lobbyists. Well, let me explain my stand, here before the passage of another law that could effectively make more of us criminals. I am not an influental blogger of the magnitude being discussed, but let me go on the record stating, "Neither Party, democrats or republicans have a political solution for America. America's much needed solution is not political, but spiritual, and there are NO political decisions being made according to Scripture. If the individual officials are casting their vote according to G~d's solution, it isn't carrying the majority." And also for the record in case I become an influential political blogger of lobbyist magnitude, the order of listing the parties is purely alphabetical.
Since I mentioned the Sentate, I have noticed, it seems every day, another Senator declares his candidacy for the White House. With Senate on the campaign trail, who is taking care of our legislation and protecting the rights of the people that elected them? Just getting a majority together to not discuss their ethics isn't going to win my favor. With this much campaigning already, we'll have nearly two years of mud-slinging before the actual election. I don't think America can stand that much political meanness for that long. It's already not worn well, and it hasn't even gotten aggressive, yet. Although I am not planning to vote for Hillary, I do have to comment that she seems to be in a much better mood these days. Continual public scrutiny, Kenneth Starr every time anyone turned around, a womanizing husband, a teen-ager, and menopause had to make those years in the White House difficult at best. So, I think her campaign should go well, but I have a real problem with her reference to 9/11 when she was in Iowa. She was not a Senator from New York on 9/11, and if history has not been revised this quickly, I thought she had to purchase a home in the state just to run. But I do clearly remember that she was running against Giuliani for her first term in the Senate in 2002. And the revisionists absolutely cannot touch or retouch the whereabouts of Rudy Giuliani, September 11, 2001. Talk to your people, Hillary, the critics will tear those comments to shreds. If a nobody like me, just schlepping through the radio stations and internet caught it, the pros are going to have a hayday.
If I were a political strategist, I would have two thoughts. One, being a republican isn't real popular right now and the democrats are all vying for the primary, so they'll be politically destroying each other, anyway. And second, I think the really smart candidate from either party or even a third one, will just wait awhile until all the early campaigners sling the mud and spend their fortunes to ruin each other's reputation, then just step right up and simply be less dirty. From the looks of America, the majority really goes for the candidate that has his own moral standardm, anyway.
And for all the candidates, a word of caution. The person that gets elected to the White House with who knows how many wars going on and unimaginable debt will probably just be a one-termer, so keep that in mind.
But I'm not a political strategist and I'm not a politically influential blogger, I'm a minister and a writer and the only solution I can offer America was written over 3,000 years ago.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear YHVH, and depart from evil.

No comments:

Blog Archive