Monday, April 26, 2010

Good News for Two Navy Seals

I have been following along in the news regarding the three Navy Seals that were facing Courts Martial over the capture of some alQadai bad guy. This is the guy that was supposed to have done horrific things to the guys of Blackwater that were killed earlier in this mess. Now, I've mentioned this situation before, but it bears repeating, especially after what these guys have endured. First, no civilians were harmed in the capture of the man who was considered armed and dangerous. Second, this was his word to an Iraqi guard, well after the fact. Third, these Navy Seals were offered a deal to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Fourth, these guys kept doing their job, while awaiting this dog and pony show. Fifth, just what message have we sent to the enemy and the rest of the world? And sixth, I can't help but wonder if this will change the way captures take place and whether this will reduce the chances of the enemy being taken alive. I'm terribly happy these guys were found not guilty and I believe it is an answer to prayer. I'm believing the other Navy Seal will also be found not guilty if our military doesn't just drop the charges, all together, which they should! I wasn't for this war at all, I still don't think we should be there, but I for sure believe we need to be standing behind our troops and doing whatever we can to shorten their tours and reduce the number of tours our military has endured with this outrageous war. If this was ever about 9/11, which I doubt, we're in the wrong countries. I sincerely hope these young men and the other people serving can do their already stressful job without having to worry about the new American hero's welcome . . . a Court Martial.
And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him . . . History of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive