Friday, April 09, 2010

Blogger's Block

I've really been having trouble maintaining my enthusiasm for blogging, as of late. I've attributed it to my computer crash, the nice weather and being outdoors, the long winter and extra activities, all the baby goats to play with, gardening, but after watching the Ten Commandments this past week, the revelation became clear. When I first began blogging, I had no trouble at all drawing a parallel between then President Bush and "the emperor" of the story "The Emperor's New Clothes." That was the guy that paraded naked because his advisers told him only stupid people couldn't see his clothes, but of course, he didn't want to admit he couldn't see them. Now that I think about it, even if it were true, why would anyone want stupid people to not be able to see the clothes they are wearing . . . then airport security comes to mind with the new body scanners. See, my blogs are beginning to take on a life of their own and it sort of intimidated me, but I think I'm getting on top of it, now that I've had my revelation. I, like so many, have had difficulty expressing disapproval of this current administration, because, well, it just isn't allowed. I mean you're either lacking intelligence, labelled a bigot, or simply don't care, but I disagree. President Obama has always reminded me of someone, but I couldn't place who. Through the G.W. years, I made reference to America comparing to ancient Rome and as of late, I've compared us to ancient Egypt. Then when I saw the Ten Commandments last week, it all came together. President Obama reminds me of Yul Brenner in his role of Pharaoh. President Obama has many of the same expressions and intensity in his leadership, as that of the actor in that particular role. I guess there is just a specific expression for one in pursuit of ultimate earthly power. Watching the Ten Commandments delivered me from my blogger's block.
But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart . . . Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive