Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Now the Invitation to the GOP

If you can't tell my this blog, I tend to not have republican leanings. Oh, don't get me wrong, I believe in laws and morality, but I think G~D's laws are more fair than man's and I'm really not a capitalist, so that sort of leaves me out of the main definition of republican these days. I can, however; see this upcoming "bipartisan theatre" as a real set up against the GOP and I think that's just a pretty underhanded move. Up until Scott Brown was elected to represent Massachusetts, the President had no problem discounting everything the GOP said and did. The GOP was so outnumbered, he simply didn't need their input. And in his campaign promises, he did tell us the health care debates would be televised for transparency. I don't have a TV, but I do remember reading about people asking where these televised debates were . . . so now that the GOP has been handed a true back handed invitation, he's ready to televise the entire discussion. I refuse to join the mentality of a great deal of the country and simply lean one way, because I am so disgusted by the other, but this one has me thinking that way. I'm not going to register with the GOP, but I'm very unimpressed with this so called bipartisan move. I really have had trouble trusting this new administration, but I thought the President was above tactics like this.
Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward . . . Proverbs of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive