Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Arguments Are Really Losing Reason

I take about 20-30 minutes a day to read a few posts from a couple of forums. Sort of my break time. Sometimes I comment, but usually I just like to see what the average guy with plenty of free time has to say about things. I'm struggling with the whole facebook thing, as there are so many games, etc. on it, so I post a devotion at Berea Tabernacle and make an occasional comment and that's about the extent of my internet social life. But the political arguments are taking such interesting twists. It's always easy to see the die hards from both parties and they sound virtually the same, as far as open mindedness and respect for others, but I will warn you now, don't say that, because it makes folks on both sides of the aisle angry. And, yet I digress. My real point is the political grandstanding is losing logic and reason. I actually saw a discussion a.k.a. condescending debate, about the car companies. The "conservative" said the cash for clunkers was alternating the statistics and making it look like the recession was lessening through the summer months. Then the die-hard democrat responded with something to the effect that the recession was getting better, because all the rules for the cash for clunkers really didn't allow that many cars to qualify . . . Now my thought as I read this was a bit less political. I saw cash for clunkers as one more way to line some corporate pockets, increase insurance premiums from liability to full coverage, raise personal property taxes, create some more debt for those that didn't have an auto loan, and leave the dealerships holding the bag. Granted the conservative arguer will never see anything helpful if it's done by a democrat administration, but when the democrat had been lauding all the solutions provided by this new administration, then just flat out said, the program was so restrictive, it didn't really offer any change, my final thought was, "then what was the point?" The sock puppet theatre is branching out, to local community forums. It seems what our politicians have truly accomplished was to reduce logic and increase arguments! I don't really know how that helps the economy, but it seems to take everyone's mind off of the real issues.
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive