Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Importance of Self-Evaluation

I think our President has given us even more insight into himself and his perspective. In some interview, he said he'd give himself a "B+" for his first year in office. He also included that the reason for no higher mark was the health care reform still in flux and the unemployment rate. These two issues, he has all along, made sure others have been credited for the current status. So, if he hadn't had to "inherit" the economic situation and job market, and didn't have to put up with Congress dragging their feet for health care, I guess he'd give himself an "A." When I first began reading, I thought the B+ was rather arrogant. Now, I know he speaks eloquently and reads a teleprompter with great giftedness, but every time I read a quote or hear his voice, all I hear is how great everything would be if he made all the decisions. He just always sounds like he thinks he's the greatest thing to come along since "sliced bread & peanut butter." I just don't happen to agree with him, but then I don't have his generous portion of self-esteem, either. I think before he gives himself another job performance evaluation, he might consider some of us listening do not regard arrogance to be deserving of high marks. Actually, arrogance is getting to be quite common, and common is another term for average or below. I believe average, at best, is only a "C."
Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive