Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Find Myself Pitying Everyone Involved

As the election approaches, I find myself just wanting to suddenly be offered a completely different choice for America, but I'm guessing, short of the Second Coming, it will be politics as usual, one week from today. As I peruse the headlines, I feel sorry for everyone. The candidates all have issues, presently or in their past that truly do touch the heart strings. And, we the people, have had a rough several years. So first I'll address why I feel sorry for the constituents, that we are so willingly led and misled. We think we can blame the politicians, rather than accept responsibility, but we still pay the price of the mandates of the politicians. Americans are responsible for where we are and what we've become and we're responsible for the fact, we have reduced ourselves to such a choice. I still pity us, though. We got caught up in the scenery of the blame game and while we all thought a flag in the front yard made us a patriot, we forgot, the true patriots stood up against ruthless, expanding governments, and the patriots stood up, themselves, they didn't send someone else to fight the rich old men's battles. The true patriots of our early nation fought the rich old men . . .
I both respect and pity John McCain. He was a prisoner of war and stood against the present administration when it came to legislating terror. Hats off to John. His weakness for younger attractive women appears to be nothing new and for that I pity him. It's cost him respect, both when he pursued Cindy and left his first wife that waited for him through his POW years, and now that he's paraded Sarah.
I pity Obama. I'm sorry he grew up not feeling truly connected anywhere. I'm guessing that was what caused him to choose his associations later in life that he did. I'm sorry for what he went through. Although I don't agree with his views, I can understand where he thinks the world would be better if it were without economic class differentiation. I truly hope he doesn't exact too much vengeance.
I feel sorry for Joe Biden. I like him. I've said before, I don't agree with all of his politics, but I like his smile and even when he says too much, he is articulate and well spoken. I feel sorry in that I know he still must miss his first wife and little girl. That would be a horrible tragedy that one would carry for the rest of their life.
And I feel sorry for Sarah Palin, because she's Sarah Palin. She's pretty and she's powerful and I think she thinks that's why people don't like her, but I don't think that's the reason at all. I think she's more agenda oriented than Hillary, and I think she needs an awful lot of attention. And I pity that.
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive