Monday, October 27, 2008

The Big Count Down

Can you believe it, this is the last week before the National Election? The campaigning will be over in 1 week and 1 day. I checked a few dates before I began this blog, just make sure I retained the proper perspective. Sure enough, we've had a presidential campaign going for nearly 2 years. I would think the candidates would be exhausted. I know, many of the constituents are. The way I understand elections, Senators are elected to a six year term, so now let me share this perspective. First we have Senator Hillary Clinton of New York announce her candidacy in January of 2007, just one year after she began her second term and just seven years after she arrived in New York to begin her first term. If memory serves, the Clintons bought a home in New York, while still living in the White House, so she could run in New York. Then Barack Obama, a junior Senator from Hillary's home state announced his candidacy in February of 2007, just 2 years and 1 month after being sworn into the National Senate, which calculates to serving 1/3 of his freshman term. I find both candidacies fascinating in that they maneuvered addresses and timing with amazing precision to accomplish the ultimate goal in record time! Unfortunately for Hillary and fortunately for Obama, the timing was metered in '04, not Hillary's year to garner national attention, but clearly by the DNC it was Obama's year to be "put in place." Why, we've received two calls just this evening from Obama's campaign to see where we stand, here in Missouri. Now, we go on to the Republicans. Near the beginning of the year of 2007, McCain, Huckabee, and Romney all announced their candidacies, while Fred Thompson waited until the more "respectable" time of the fall of 2007, to declare and go nowhere. I shouldn't leave America's mayor out. Rudy Giuliani put all his eggs in one Florida basket and then went home.
Back to the big countdown. I have no doubt that this is entirely orchestrated and from the sound bytes of John McCain's camp, they've all but conceded. Back to the current campaign. I like Joe Biden. I think some of his views are skewed, and I'm no longer a Democrat, but I just simply like the guy, so if I were going to vote, he'd hold some power to sway my vote. Sarah, now Sarah, she's a deal. The RNC has spent a ton of money to dress her for "polite society" claiming her frugality while she hit the state of Alaska for all kinds of expenses for her family. And I find it interesting that her term, "rogue," which she used to describe her ex-brother-in-law is being used now, to describe her. I've read that she is "despised" and "loathed" by some and I think those that loathe and despise her are simply jealous. I don't see her as that big of a player until 2012 and I don't see it so personal as to despise or loathe her based upon her personal life and her manipulation of the political game. She's an attractive woman that has the ability to use that to get everyone in place and then she is in charge. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't come across as an intellectual. What's to loathe unless you're jealous? She has no power without the people electing to give it to her . . . My thought is, if the American people can't see through that, then she will be elected in 2012. Still no reason to loathe or despise, just simply a statement of our values of women needing to control!
Back to the big count down. Now that I'm finishing this blog and realizing the election returns will be rolling in, in less than 200 hours from now, I think it will be a relief. I think it's time for at least one Senator to get back to Senate business and the American people to get back to the real issues at hand. Our current administration has arbitrated stock deals in banking and perhaps heading toward the auto industry and we attacked Syria. Just in case anyone is paying attention to anything besides Barack Obama's next promise and Sarah Palin's next inappropriate comment.
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with . . . the cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive