Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Views, Opinions and Noise

I was hoping to make Wednesday a day for a short blog about non-essential nonsense in the news and I was all ready to blog about Ann Coulter, when I awoke this morning to the grating sound of Steve Malzberg sitting in for Dr. Bill. It was then, that I realized just how similar I find Ann and Steve to be. Steve Malzberg makes no bones about his views, and neither does Ann. I can't say that I find either of them truly conservative, but they are vocally and vehemently, anti-liberal. What I find the most outstanding about both of them is their willingness to say anything to hear themselves make noise! Some of the things I hear Steve say, I just think "Oy Vey!" And Ann speaking for the religious right? In what church are the deaconnesses and Sunday School teachers dressing like she does? And what a pretty vocabulary she possesses. But enough about the two of them. I'm just not going to give them any more attention. I would like to, however; address another concern of the religious right. They have spoken out against Rudy G. Specifically, I read the Southern Baptists have taken issue with his number of marriages and his divorce, and they are, of course, entitled to their views. Even John McCain has been married more than once, but he's a veteran, and somehow, his divorce is not as offensive to them. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but . . . Well, at any rate, Rudy just wants to be president, he's not seeking admission to a Southern Baptist seminary. Say, Hillary has only been married once and we know how she strongly she clings to her vows even with an unfaithful husband, so perhaps they will have a candidate with their values, and I think the Clintons are Baptist.
A fool hath no delight in understanding, But only that his heart may reveal itself.

No comments:

Blog Archive