Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Different Perspective of George

I must admit, I'm frequently critical of the decisions made by the present administration. And then, the media shows us the other side of our President and I just think he's got a wonderful sense of humor. I don't agree with most of his politics and I certainly don't agree with his aggressive war tactics, but I think he's a hoot, when he shows up to those roasts and toasts that politicians are now attending. I don't know when it became trendy for politicians to have an evening of "stand-up" but I really think George has found his niche, if only he were a regular guy, living the life that the rest of us are living. His approval rating as president may be in the low 30's, but I, personally, would just love to see him coming into the break room at work or heading into the cul de sac for the neighborhood barbeque. Perhaps he doesn't write his material, but his delivery is just a scream! He really is a funny guy. I just wish he wasn't making so many life and death decisions for so many of us. I really don't want to trust the future of our country and my grandchildren to a comedian. I realize the line seems to be blurred between politics and entertainment and news and editorializing, and I know there must be a purpose for this practice at this time, but it escapes me. So, I'm just going focus on this different perspective I have, for this moment. When he mentioned his approval rating in the 30's, the withdrawal of his Supreme Court nomination, and his Vice President had just shot someone and those were the good ol' days. As I read, I thought. What if he was in the break room telling us all, in the same humorous presentation, similar information only on a personal level? Like his approval rating with the in-laws and his opinion of his brother's new girl friend or his own hunting and fishing stories or perhaps his woes of being in the doghouse at home. I really think our President has a delightful sense of humor when he isn't making decisions and I must comment favorably when there is a favorable comment to be made.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

No comments:

Blog Archive