Monday, April 18, 2005

Who's Who In This Deal?

I've been hearing good reports about this Minuteman Project. I also heard that the school that was housing them, was fined, but I can't confirm it, so I will qualify both statements as hearsay. I read that the Border Patrol was really appreciative of the Minuteman Project and thought President Bush and the ACLU were not really judging the situation for what it is. Once again, I don't have actual facts about this, but it just doesn't make sense to me that our President would call for so much "cracking down" on Americans every time we turn around and then leave the border wide open. I have no idea what the plan is, but I am sure there is one. Now, the ACLU looking for something to squawk about, doesn't leave the same lingering question. I have the impression from what I am reading that the ACLU feels compelled to protect the rights of illegal aliens. Well, they have made a lot of noise about the loss of American's freedoms, but they don't seem to be too successful at actually helping us preserve them. I am beginning to think the ACLU is just a "prop" to keep the red herrings swimming by, and the conservatives in an uproar. I mean really, the ACLU can't be all that powerful. Where are they as all these people are being arrested and held? Where are they as people with minimal tax delinquencies are have their vehicles towed? Where are they, as American school children are subjected to every questionable opinion from both political sides? And, I have really been questioning why the Minuteman Project has not been given their due respect according to the 2nd Amendment. Surely there is one person in the Minuteman Project that is also a member of the NRA. Or, is that the problem, the Minuteman Project cannot be recognized as valuable unless it is under the umbrella of the NRA. Where are the lobbyists for the Minuteman Project? Well that question, I think I can answer. I think everyone that really believes in this cause and has the time and funds to be involved are on the "front line" so to speak. It would seem, these Minutemen have the heart and soul of the founding fathers. They don't have time to play politics, they are protecting our country and setting the example of what it is to be a patriot.
Be strong and very courageous . . .

No comments:

Blog Archive