Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spring

It's just time to stop and quit looking at everything that is annoying, for just a minute. In the little corner of the world that we live, it is spring, and with spring G~d brings the most delightful sounds and sights. The barren looking limbs and ground are now donning more shades of green than I can imagine. And there are hints of lavendar and yellow in some of the perrenial ground cover that G~d has planted. There are also beautiful jonquils and daffodils, varying shades of purple phlox, and the deep rich burgundy color of the leaves on our peach tree, that I planted. These colors all stand out beautifully against the clear blue sky of warm spring days. I've actually seen some very green strawberry leaves. I've had my fill, lately of all the news, actually, I can't say it's the news, because it's just a matter of 3 minutes of the hour, but the news analysis is well beyond exhausting. So, I will leave the famous guys to analyze it all and spend my moment here sharing spring. I have been particularly aware of the baby birds this year. Not the ones in the nest, I don't think I've seen many nests, but the ones that are just getting "out and about." I watched one that could spread his wings just enough to glide to the overhead wire and perch. He looked like he was hanging on for dear life, didn't know how to get down, but realized he had in fact flown! I listen to the calls and sounds of the various species of birds and realize pigeons sound alot like doves. And you know, they just seem much prettier when I look at it that way. And then I do notice the varigated colors of their feathers, and they really are pretty birds. They just travel in big messy bunches. And then I think of "Pete," the pigeon in Greece that met me every morning on a roof top cafe. The colors are beautiful, the spring sounds are sweet, and my soul is grateful for the opportunity to live and breathe and enjoy the wonders of G~d's creation. Spring makes me appreciate life, and life makes me grateful to G~d.
When I consider Your heavens the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man, that You are mindful of him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!

Blog Archive