Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Overcoming Party Differences

I have heard a few things in the news lately that I believe are confirming my suspicions. I have commented previously, on the positive impact Bill Clinton had on the republican party, but now Hillary is speaking or attempting to sound moderate. Do the Clintons see the handwriting on the wall and realize they better jump on board and be a part of the only party left ?[pardon the pun] Or has this been a part of the bigger picture for some time? The other morning, I heard a blip on the news that sounded like a quote from former President Clinton regarding his work on the Carter presidential campaign. The statement and I can’t quote it, but went about like this, [that was before southern Democrats knew G~d was a republican.] Has Bill Clinton seen the evangelical right’s light? My theory is much more controversial and ominous. I have thought for years, Bill Clinton was placed strategically between the Bushes to gain republican momentum. You see, there is an old saying, something to the effect, “nothing unites like a common enemy.” And we can clearly see that the red and the blue now consider each other enemy to their ideals. So my theory that Bill Clinton was more enamored with the address of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and politics was merely a “means to the end.” I mean, think about it. We had already had the Reagan years, and the citizens went from abject disgust of his economics to becoming his loyal followers wanting him on the money and Mt. Rushmore. And then we had the Bush I years, and really with President Reagan’s health, we don’t know how much of the Reagan years were really Bush I years. At any rate, the American people would not have accepted 28 straight years of one party in the White House, and yet the politics have really never changed since 1980. It was President Clinton that gave us NAFTA, cut welfare, and made the country mad at democrats. And everyone knows, a large percentage of our nation just loves to be mad; angry and indignant, especially about sex.
Now the next thing I hear, is the only President that hosted the Pope can’t go to his funeral. That’s right President Carter is officially not invited. President Ford’s health is too frail. But both President Bushes, President Clinton, and of course Dr. Rice will be attending. There are several members of Congress that will also be in attendance, but not the democratic President that the Pope actually visited in the White House. So, I’m thinking when the republicans raised the question and used the Bible passage about a wolf in sheep’s clothing referring to our leader that behaved immorally, I’m thinking they may be more accurate than I gave them credit. I’m watching, as Mr. Clinton now attempts to appear respectful in his travels with Mr. Bush and as President Bush continues to include Mr. Clinton, seems the three politicians get along much better than the two parties. Are they rising above party differences for the “greater good?” Surely, no American has been swept up in that much spin . . .
and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

No comments:

Blog Archive