Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Giving the Word

I had a most interesting week-end, that I just have to talk about. Of course, if you've been aware of any news at all, you know about the tornado in Joplin. Please keep those folks in your prayers, life is nowhere close to normal. And if you've followed this blog, you know that I had some choice words for the Westboro Baptist Clan. I called my daughter, who is an amazing networker to see how to get a large group that could stand between them and the grieving town of Joplin. Well, several people had my idea and we had quite a turn out. The WBC didn't show up, but I got to chat with someone claiming to be of the same faith. He wanted to argue with us, so we shared Scripture and he wandered off, only to attempt to rabble rouse elsewhere. I do have to share the bright spot in this entire ordeal. My daughter brought her family down to assist in the endeavor. It made this baby boomer proud to have three generations bearing signs of love. My daughter and grandkids all held signs quoting Scripture. As this cultist looking for his ilk, was talking about all of his programming, and as we shared Scripture, I couldn't help but think . . . The Westboro Baptist Clan didn't keep their word. I'm going to say, everything else they have to say is just as meaningless, but it is for sure; MEAN! I had no idea I'd ever meet a person outside the Phelps family that wanted what WBC offered, that shared in their beliefs. America is in trouble, no doubt. We have gotten a long way from G-d's plan, but rubbing salt in the wounds of the devastated is not Scriptural.
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of G-d leadeth thee to repentance? New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive