Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Politics and Such

First, besides the other candidates, is anyone surprised that Rahm Emanuel is mayor of Chicago? I know I'm not. It was American politics at its smarmy best! I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but that guy just rubs me the wrong way in apparently every thing he does. I don't care for his vocabulary, I don't care for his arrogance, and I don't care for his elitist attitude about, virtually, everything. Okay, enough about him. We'll be crossing the aisle now to mention the Governor of Wisconsin. I can't believe this guy. He sent the Wisconsin State Patrol to round up the representatives. Is he for real? Just how much state money did that take, while he's telling the people that the state can't afford to provide their benefits? Setting aside what seems like the actions of a state dictator, there was a great expense involved in this standoff, supposedly over state finances. So, both parties have earned mention today. Now, on to something we've been fed . . . In December I heard on the news that gasoline prices would probably hit $4.00 a gallon in 2011. Well, now here it is, February 2011, and now that Egypt and Libya have had an uproar, that's the reason for increased gasoline prices? Just how do we figure that? Did our government know there was going to be problems before Mubarak and Gadhafi did? Kind of looks that way, doesn't it? Or was the price of gasoline going to go up anyway, and now we have this "reason?" That's pretty much the line of thinking I'm going with. I mean, even if the Middle East problems were affecting the prices of oil. The oil that just went up is not what's in the pumps today! I am just not buying anything any politician is selling, these days. I did have one final thought regarding Libya and the US, though. Gadhafi is blaming Bin Laden for influencing the youth of Libya. Could be we are missing a golden opportunity here to get the gasoline prices in better line. Nothing unites like a common enemy. Is this the opportunity to put the problems between Reagan and Gadhafi behind us or should we help the protesters? But what if Bin Laden really is behind the protest in Libya? We really haven't had any problems with Gadhafi for years. As a matter of fact, he's told other Middle Eastern leaders to not mess with America . . . "they're crazy."
. . . but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive