Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Another Non-Political Post

I realize this is usually about politics, but apparently this week, I'm breaking away from tradition. Today I received a call so unusual, that I just have to blog about it! I received a phone call this morning from the feed store where we do business. This is a feed store that we just started doing business with about a year and a half ago when we moved. So, it's not like we go back a long way . . . The feed store is a "mom and pop" operation, a married couple that run their business from a big building on their place. It's a great set up. Now, back to the call. It was the woman that called and said, they'd been talking about us and thinking about us for the past few days, and had just found my card. She was wondering if we'd been able to get out and about. I responded with a resounding, "No, haven't left the place in a week." She asked if we were doing okay and I said, yes. Then the most amazing offer. She said if we needed any feed, her husband would be glad to deliver it. I told her I was still doing okay on feed and I wasn't sure he could even get up here if we did need any. We then talked about meeting with our 4 wheeler if need be, etc. But I was sure that we were okay, then she made the next offer. She said if I needed to go to town, to the store or anything, her husband would be happy to give me a ride to town. Now if that isn't going the extra mile, I just don't know what is. I just think the world of these people. We've had some interesting discussions at their feed store in the evening. Our religious beliefs are similar, yet different, but the similarity is simple. We all believe your beliefs ought to show in the middle of the week. That's it. I don't care where you go and which day of the week-end you attend, it's what shows on Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning that counts! I called back later to thank them for their kind offer, got the gentleman and he told me if I did decide I needed something, just call and let him know, he'd be happy to bring it. Now, if America had just maintained that kind of business attitude, we might still be in business! Whether it's going the extra mile or the customer is always right, good business and true religion basically boils down to the golden rule, and that ought to show every day.
All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets.

No comments:

Blog Archive