Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What is the Actual Cost of the Food Bill?

I'm so disgusted by this lame duck Congress. First, they are giving the impression the side of power has already shifted, but it hasn't. Then they throw around a few issues and potential bills to distract us, while they pass laws that change our very existence. Oh, I know, I've read both sides of the pros and cons of this S.510 food bill, a.k.a. the Monsanto bill. Our lame duck Senate passed it and hopefully it has to go back through the lame duck House before it actually can become law. Unfortunately, it's well on it's way and from what I can read about it, this bill contains every power grab I've been warning against since I wrote "Threshold of Technocracy," which, by the way; is still available at the Website as well as amazon.com . . . Because there is more to come. I'm truly torn about all this. I'm so angry at our representatives for doing this, and yet it's been prophesied, so it's inevitable . . .
From the time I began writing this blog, calmed myself enough to attempt to finish this blog, this bill passed the House. It's all ready for a signature from the man living in the White House. I am so aggravated at this lame duck chicken outfit we call Congress.
What will become of our nation, as we give up our right, even to the food we put on our table? Although I've compared our nation to ancient Egypt, many times over in the past few years, we need to remember a few things. Most of us are already paying more taxes than were instituted through the famine. Most of us have gone into debt through the abundant years. Most of us don't have livestock or land to give in exchange for seed or a place to plant it. I'm guessing, just like the health care reform, we don't have a clue as to the actual cost of the Food Bill!
And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth. Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive