Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A Tribute to Elizabeth Edwards

Loss of a son. Loss of trust in marriage. Stoic strength. Gracious. A woman, regardless of party lines, we can all admire and many can identify with in some way, but for most of us, not in all ways; thank G~D. She was a type of Jackie Kennedy. The more I read about her, the more I think John Edwards is a bum, a true bum, but that is irrelevant now. The best excuse he could manage with all of his smooth political, legalese was, "she was in remission when I had my affair . . ." Well, then John, the rest of us think, perhaps you should have been making good memories with your wife and family when she was feeling better, eh? I am sorry for her grief in the loss of her son and I'm terribly sorry for the loss her young children will suffer in her death. Naturally, like most of America, I didn't know her personally, but I had seen her and read about her and watched her. I truly liked her style. I admired the way she handled her life stoically without headlines until, considering her public persona, an explanation simply had to be given. I can't help but wonder if the extensive hormone treatments for her menopausal babies could have had anything to do with her developing breast cancer. I mean we really don't know enough about the long term effects of these newly developed treatments and procedures. I couldn't believe as I read the articles about her passing and her funeral, I felt a personal pang of grief. I can't explain it, other than to say, it was like the loss of a friend, either distant or from the past. Elizabeth Edwards wasn't a personal friend and I doubt seriously that I would ever meet her, but it just seems that she's departed too quickly. I'm not second guessing G-D, just noticing someone with a name that everyone recognizes, isn't usually so touchable. Elizabeth Edwards touched many lives and I'm sure many of the social issues she addressed will be affected in a positive way for years to come. Although I'm sure she was concerned about leaving her two young children, I know there had to be a certain anticipation in the hope of seeing the son she had lost, once again.
I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. history of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive