Monday, February 02, 2009

It Really Just Depends Upon Who Gets the Money . . .

I received some "Bible vote" e-mails from a religious insurance agent, before the National Election. I had a real problem with his messages for three reasons. One, I don't know where elections are mentioned in Scripture. Two, I don't know where insurance and faith are compatible, other than what is legally required, and the third problem I had was the huge AIG banner at the close of his correspondence. I sent him a reply and mentioned something about our hard earned money going to AIG BailOut/Retreat/Bonuses; and I like to think I influenced the removal of the banner. I don't know, though. At any rate, I also informed him that his attempt to politically influence me, by claiming religious authority was unappreciated and unnecessary. The correspondence stopped for awhile, but yesterday one appeared again. I've decided to go ahead and post just a bit of a previous one and the recent one. I was tempted to use his full name and give his business info, but I thought better of that idea. So Mark, I'm getting that information passed along, just like you asked in your e-mails!
Obviously, this is one of several that came prior to the National Election.
Topic Vote the Bible!!
We are not talking as the Democratic Party, The Republican Party, Green Party, Independent Party, or the Pity Party. Wake Up and Know that: . . .
Be Certain to Vote, but be sure to “Vote The Bible”!
















Now Yesterday, I received this from the same guy.

Billions of your tax dollars in possible subsidies for ACORN? $50 million for the National Endowment of the Arts? Billions of dollars more for other liberal pet projects?
What exactly are our elected leaders doing? On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted largely along party lines to pass the so-called "Obama stimulus bill."
But the only thing the bill will stimulate is BIG GOVERNMENT. It does very little to accomplish its stated purpose, which is to create jobs and stimulate the struggling economy . . .
And what exactly is in this so-called stimulus bill?
$1.1 billion for Amtrak;
$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts;
$400 million for NASA to conduct climate change research;
$300 million for Americorps;
$1 billion for the Census;
$400 million for localities to buy “green” buses;
$650 million for the Digital-to-Analog Converter Box Program;
$600 million for the acquisition of “green” cars;
$7.7 billion for the Federal Buildings Fund; . . .

Rather than attempting to grow government, this RSC sponsored legislation attempts to remove government from the equation and give the free market a much needed boost.
Some of the provisions of the RSC legislation include:
A 5% across the board reduction in individual income taxes.
Increasing the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $5,000 per year.
Making permanent the 15% tax rate on capital gains and dividends.
Repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax on individuals.
Making all withdrawals from IRAs tax- and penalty-free during 2009.
Increasing tax deductions for student loans and other education expenses.


My question is two fold. I realize there is more on the agenda than mentioned above, but the list presented for the proposed spending according to my calculations is only a fraction of what was given to the banking industry and big business such as AIG. My other observation. Why didn't "the right guys" offer the solution listed above, just a few months ago, rather than give banking and big business over $700B, to spend as they pleased?

Maybe it's time for the truly discerning to see that true concern for the taxpaying citizens doesn't rest on either side of the aisle, and above all, perhaps we should stop throwing G~D's Word around for political influence. Our government is an out of control, insatiable beast.
. . . insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive