Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Beyond Chutzpah!

Aren't you getting just a little bit tired of all the special events, we the people are funding and reading about? I know I am. And what about all these would be appointments for government positions that can't manage to pay their taxes? Can you imagine telling a governmental bureaucrat from the IRS, "Oops, it was an oversight." It looks like President Obama has as thorough a vetting team for Cabinet Posts as John McCain had for VP. The government has access to my Google Searches, come on, don't tell me, they can't find out who paid their taxes and who doesn't know the difference between gifts and favors and income. But then, on the other hand, as long as it's the favored party of choice, the people will rally, anyway. The far right still loves Sarah, and the President hasn't hurt himself with his loyal followers.
And let's talk about these banks and mortgage lenders, partying on our money. I think it's always amazing that when they get caught partying, that the party money was not part of the BailOut. You know, if you've got the money set aside to party, you grow up and pay your bills, before or instead of the party. One of them actually had the audacity to say they had to do this for their investors. Hey folks, I didn't get an invitation, and thanks to the TARP, I am now an investor. I heard the most outrageous excuse the other morning. It was explained by some Wall Street Muckity-muck that the bonuses weren't really what we understand a bonus to be, they were actually more like commissions. Well Mr. Wall Street Muckity-muck, if you have employees selling enough of whatever you sell to earn a several million dollar commission, which is only a percentage of the actual sale, why in the world do you need a BailOut? Now you guys are doing just what VP Cheney used to do. Pour a bucket of water on our heads and tell us it's raining. Back up! Can you imagine if we average citizens tried all these con jobs, somewhere, anywhere? Didn't Martha go to jail for a lot less? These high rollers, compare in my mind, to somebody calling the phone company and said, I just can't pay all the 900 numbers I dialed this month, but when I get back from my Mediterranean cruise, I'll give you a call and we'll set up some sort of installment plan. I think we all know what would happen to the phone service, and I'm sure they would be seeing someone in court. This is an outrage! We need to fire all the politicians, there should be no career politicians and the ones that promise change are just making me tired. I'm tired of change and mavericks and blah, blah, blah, you betcha. If the banks can't do any better than this, go back to the barter system. With the barter system, we can all live like politicians and not have to worry about those pesky taxes.
He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive