Sunday, February 08, 2009

Clearly Time and Money Mean Nothing

And some say "time is money!" I've been reading about the Spendulus Bill, as this one is called by Republicans. Funny, it wasn't called that when President Bush implemented a similar amount to go to the big boys on Wall Street and the banks. As you know, I am no great fan of President Bush, except, I want him to entertain at my next barbecue. But his punctuality is admirable, to a point. I think his punctuality was fraught with a bit of pressure, but that's just my opinion. I think anyone's timing that puts pressure on others is just a little stressful, but I do have more respect for someone that is punctual than someone that is perpetually late. And I have about the same opinion for someone who is generous with other people's money, or men that throw money around, while their wife just stands there, completely disregarded. Which brings me to our current President. Someone that is perpetually late has an issue. I know, because in some areas, I qualify for this label, and in the areas I don't qualify, I married someone that does. Perpetually late means one of three things. 1. Lack of organization. 2. The appointment is not a priority or commitment. 3. Arrogance. We all know someone that thinks the world is waiting on them and nothing can happen until they arrive. Whether it is a date or a President . . . I think those of us that do respect other's time should be headed out the door, as they are finally making their entrance. My times of being late were a clear indication that the particular obligation was not a priority in my life. It bordered on procrastination, which is truly not my style, and ultimately resulted in putting in an appearance. It was not acceptable behavior on my part, and is clearly not acceptable for the President of the United States. And so for those committees and civil gatherings that I dreaded and truly did not care about, I respectfully resigned from participation. Public service is not mandatory at this time, although I hear our President is leaning toward something in that direction. I hope he realizes the rest of us will be keeping Obama time for our volunteer hours. I have watched a number of men throw money at situations and think they are investing in respect. Well, I've seen it get none from the receiver, and quite grand disrespect from the joint account holder. It would be terribly inappropriate to declare aloud, "What an idiot!" I could think it, however; and did, on several occasions throughout my life. I really was hoping for more in our President, than a man that would put in a casual appearance when he got around to it, and to scare us into giving more money to our government, which will ultimately give Activist Administrators and Infrastructure Contractors the same cushion or parachute, President Bush gave the Wall Street CEOs.
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded . . . New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive