Monday, September 29, 2008

Oversight for the Bail Out

I'm really confused about this mess. First the Democrats don't want to do it because it's a White House idea, then the Republicans don't want to do it, because the Democrats have added some stipulations. Then it was supposed to be a bipartisan agreement and a go ahead with Oversight! I checked the meaning of oversight, as I thought it used to mean an omission resulting in error or a mistake from not paying attention. Turns out, that is only one of the meanings. The other meaning is management of a situation. Wow! Who knew? But with our government, I'm guessing we can get both meanings out of the same circumstances. I'm sure there are many bureaucratic departments in which the oversight is caused by oversight, or the oversight is implemented as a result of oversight. At this point, I'm guessing there are actual meetings and tax dollars spent to come to some sort of "agreement on the wording" of just such circumstances.
Now to get back to our legislature. I read a headline that said, the Bail Out Bill Failed. I don't really think I'm unhappy about that, but I don't understand what I read about it. It would seem, 60% of the democrats did vote for the bail out, but the republicans were offended by Nancy Pelosi's comments just prior to the vote, so they changed their vote . . . Please! Excuse me, representatives, this isn't about you, remember! It wasn't about any one's partisan feelings when the other side was dragging their feet. It was about helping America! So what gives? Just how long does anyone in Washington think we are buying this? We on Main Street have to be careful about what we buy and invest in or try to be, we don't have anyone to legislate our bail out. As a matter of fact, we are expected to finance this one, so quit trying to sell us your nonsense. I, for one, am not buying it. Although, considering the value of the dollar, I don't know why I'm still being so careful with my money. I think it's time that Washington got back within reach of the people. This plan of not listening to the people and implementing huge expenditures is exactly why we became a country of our own, to begin with. Remember? This plan this week-end amounted to nothing more than sending the tea tax to England and being told the next move from the throne.
Now, if anyone is really willing to sink America over partisan pandering or being offended, I'm guessing those are the ones that are not up for re-election next month.
If the bill was bad, take credit for voting against it. If the bill was good or well it can't be good, but if you were honestly going to vote for it, before Nancy said anything, Grow up and be a representative! This sounds like bickering on the playground in elementary school. Representatives, you are there to represent the best interest of the people that elected you. I really don't care who likes you and who you don't like, just do your job for which you are overpaid and overcompensated. When I first read the headline about the bill failing, I though some of your consciences finally got the best of you and you decided to work for the people that sent you, rather than be bought. But then I read the rest of the story and realized it was just petty politics, as usual.
He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive