Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out of the Wild Blue . . .

If you are reading this blog, you are probably aware that I write nearly every day. I also host a webpage and I'm working on a couple of books. Imagine my dismay to discover that in trying to upload my webpage and download the latest virus protection, I exceeded my "bandwidth" and due to the Fair Share Policy or whatever it is, I found myself in cyber-exile. That's right, I'm 50, paying $50.00 a month in the middle of nowhere to be connected with the world wide web and Wild Blue grounded me from full privilege access. So, in the time I was grounded from full privilege, I of course ran my bandwidth up worse, ignorantly attempting to upload and download, until I had no choice except . . . Wild Blue has this interesting plan. The days overages roll over every day, so the overage today, automatically sets tomorrow up to be over, and if I stayed off the internet, within 30 days I'd be back down into my "acceptable usage" range, maybe sooner. Well, that didn't even set with me. I thought, well, I might as well just accept the fact I'm going to pay $50.00 for dial up speed and live with it. That's when I discovered, upon my umpteenth call to Wild Blue, that my overages were getting even higher, so here's what I could do. I could upgrade and in paying more, of course, I'd be allotted a greater amount of bandwidth, because we share and to be fair . . . So, then we began to discuss the various plans. My present one, of course, has gone up in price and my contract has ended, so that's good and bad. The good thing is, I'm not stuck paying if I change companies, the bad thing is, I can't go back to that price after I change plans. When I first called and heard that they were part of AT&T, I knew what I was probably in for, and I wasn't wrong. Now, with the first level of upgrade, I'd still be over my 70%, because even though I am supposed to pay 100% of my monthly bill and they advertise so much download and upload speed and space, I'm supposed to keep it under 80% . . . or else. So, in order to get out of cyber-exile, I would need to go to the most expensive plan. I'm sure we are all surprised about that offer, eh? I'm feeling like a big corporate executive or politician tonight though. Here I am back at it, living large and all I had to do was pay my way out of trouble!
The poor useth entreaties; but the rich answereth roughly. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive