Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Thankful

I'm thankful that there were few fatalities when Ike roared in. I am sorry for the ones that did occur, but I'm truly thankful that there were few. That makes me thankful for answered prayer, as I know I prayed and I'm sure several others did, as well. I'm also thankful for people that are brave enough to tell their government they will "ride it out." After so many years of being told we are supposed to be afraid of everything seen and unseen, I was thankful to read about people that simply said, "If it's my time to go, I'm going and if it isn't, nothing will happen." I'm also very thankful that the weather that was falsely prophesied our direction didn't happen! I'm thankful that September is cool, and I'm thankful for the warnings that there may be an early winter. I'm thankful to still be able to write blogs with my opinion, openly. And I'm thankful for our new webpage for kids. I got in such a dither over Wild Blue, but they are only part of AT&T, so no point in dithering, just throw them some more money and realize two things. The Reagan years caused so much of this, but they are over, and I must be reaching more readers to require more bandwidth, so I'm thankful.
I'm thankful that Sarah Palin is running for VP, not that she has my vote, but I'm thankful for her little baby boy. When Sarah was first "tapped" to be VP, she said something about her husband and a leave of absence from his job to be Mr. Mom. Well, with all the photo ops for the campaign, little Trig is getting to have some quality bonding time with Mom.
And last but certainly not least, I'm thankful that our national elections are finally winding down and either Obama will actually be present for Senate votes or be replaced by someone that will attend. I'm also very thankful that our Presidential elections don't run like the gubernatorial races. In our state, we elect a Governor and a Lt. Governor, separately. I'd say the polls are pretty clear about what would be happening right now, if that were the case. We'd be looking at two clear landslides and bracing ourselves for President Obama and VP Palin. I'm thankful we won't have the two of them at the same time. I think those two on the same side could truly change America and bring reform, but I'm not sure we'd recognize anything when they were done. I'm not happy with a number of decisions being made in America, but I'm truly thankful to know, either way, by November, we'll only have one reformer that's going to run our lives.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving . . . a Psalm of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive