Friday, September 19, 2008

Dear Mr. President,

Why aren't you listening to the people? I'm not talking about the upper echelon corporates and suits around you, I'm talking about those people that are working every day or trying to, that you are supposed to be governing and more importantly protecting.
I answer questions regarding savings and budgeting. I even answer questions pertaining to self reliance and various rights afforded us here in the US of A. Let me share a basic foundational thought in dealing with budgeting and it applies to monetary sums ranging from 1st grade allowance to the national budget of a world superpower.
YOU CANNOT BORROW YOUR WAY OUT OF DEBT!
It's a simple, yet time honored fact. We are tired of hearing what is made to sound like the facts changing, depending upon the presentation. Some of us know better than that.
I'm sorry some of your friends mismanaged their businesses, but I don't want to bail them out. I don't understand why Wall Street, who is supposed to be handling the money for Main Street, needs to be funded and subsidized by many that can't afford housing on Main Street, much less to play the numbers on Wall Street.
This just isn't right and it doesn't set will. And it really looks bad that even more mess is happening on your watch. I realize your faithful few are still grasping at straws to blame the previous administration. Come on, you know you walked into much less mess in the Oval Office, than your successor will in '09.
You're not a grandpa yet, so you probably can't relate to what I'm about to say, but I'm going to share it anyway. I feel very strongly about leaving a heritage, not a debt. Our generation will not live long enough to even make a dent in the interest that is gathering on the debt you have led our nation into. It's bad enough my grandchildren will be paying for a war that was unprovoked and unnecessary, I hope my grandson is not called upon to fight in it. He's 6 right now, but he wasn't even a year old when you started this war. It's been over 5 years since you said Mission Accomplished, so we just don't know how long this mess will continue, do we? And no offense to all the seniors, but most of them have plenty of money and plenty of health care provided by your revision of MediCare, to live long enough to spend my generation's inheritance. That's fine, but I really do hate the fact that my hard working children are paying into a social security plan that is charted to be bankrupt the year I turn 60, much less for them to ever see any hope of return. Not only do you have family money to enjoy and inherit, you have a Presidential pension for life. Again, Mr. President, I implore of you to think about what you are doing. The more unbacked money you throw at a situation, the less America's assets are worth. And if the money you're throwing around is backed, it's borrowed. Please refer to the capitalized statement above.
I've been to Washington DC and New York City. I have to tell you, much of the rest of the country doesn't choose to live that way, therefore we don't care to finance it and subsidize it. And for those that would like to live extravagantly, they deserve the right to spend their money; I repeat, their money, no one else's.
This country is made up of strong hard working individuals. We've had some of the greatest inventors and entrepreneurs the world has seen in the last couple of centuries, and many of them didn't succeed the first time. We've had Presidents with failed business ventures, I'm sure you are aware, but many of them had nothing to fall back on and no one to bail them. They simply picked themsevles up, dusted themselves off and started again. It's what America plans to do in January of '09.
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive