Thursday, September 04, 2008

On a Positive Note

I've been pretty negative as of late, because I'm just disappointed in what we've become. I'm cranky, because I, like so many Americans, have become aggressive about my views and blinded to any others. I think our political system is only as good as the people involved and if this is the best America can do, well then . . . I'm not happy about that. Now I have to sit back, after months of thinking the republicans were trying to throw this election and watching the democrats go from Hillary being a sure thing to Obama, and admit that I just don't have any idea what's coming next.
So I decided I would find something good in each of our national candidates and blog about that.
I think Joe Biden comes across very well. He's the same age as my brother-in-law and he just seems like everybody's favorite uncle. I know he's a career politician that really went through a horrible trauma losing a wife and a daughter in an accident and I'm glad he's not vying for the martyr vote. I think Obama needs his wisdom and experience. Joe Biden seems like the kind of man that would sit down to a horrible meal as a guest and then when asked behind the cook's back would graciously use euphemisms. He wouldn't lie, he'd just say crispy instead of burnt, or unusual instead of awful. He seems like a politician that uses words his listener would prefer, but he doesn't appear to flip-flop.
Barack Obama has been quite a deal! He has campaigned on the promise of running a positive campaign. That in itself is change; not the promise, but a positive campaign. I don't have TV, so I don't know how positive his ads have been, but I've read more about everyone else's negative stuff, than his, so if he's being negative it isn't even headlining at Fox. Absolute KUDOS when he said candidate's kids were off limits. I think, considering the fact the other party is parading all of her family's dirty laundry, shows remarkable self control on his part.
Sarah has totally reformed the connotation of barracuda. She makes that old slang term, indicating treacherous, sound like it should mean something good. She has thrilled the aggressive anti-choice base and is actually causing a few Obamaites to question his promised change. She's doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing as VP, but there was never any doubt that she wouldn't excel! She's smart, she's pretty, and she is the one republican woman that I've heard be so pro-war that is actually glad her son is going to Iraq. Most of the republican women are all about this Iraqi war, but when I ask them if they believe in it enough to want their sons or grandsons in it, they back up quickly. Not Sarah!
John McCain - Brilliant! Who is going to look at this ticket, now, and think of G.W.? Here I thought the republicans were trying to throw this election. And if they are, he's every bit the maverick they say he is, because this VP choice was the most brilliant strategy I've seen in American politics in my lifetime!
Seek good, and not evil . . . a Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive