Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wait Just a Minute Here

It's time for another update about our candidates and to be fair, I'm going to start receiving info from some of the republicans as well. I don't want to just post reasons to not vote for the three democrat front runners, but this past week, they certainly gave me yet another reason to cast my vote another direction. I read and declined to view the video from the Obama camp about where the Bush government has failed the people and his sentiment regarding "I am my brother's keeper." You know, I just don't feel like being kept. He sounds dangerously similar to the Bush administration regarding our safety and I've just had more than enough of that. I certainly don't want four more years of being "kept for my own good" by the other party!
On to Hillary. She's really got a great thing going. Her husband is making appearances discussing how he is really not involved in the issues of her campaign. Is that not just paradoxically precious? He's on Oprah discussing his non involvement in the political process. And you know, people will fall for that, AGAIN. Hillary made an interesting comment through her week-end stumping. The only way to change the system is from within. RIGHT! When did that ever happen? You get in the system and the system changes you. Does anyone really think Paul Revere or George Washington believed they would change the system from within? Say, what did the slaves get accomplished from within? If I remember my history class correctly, all great change came from revolution and abolition.
Now, I've kind of been drawn to John Edwards, UNTIL . . . he's going to tell us all when to go to the doctor. I realize his wife is battling breast cancer, and she has my sympathy and my heart goes out to his fear, but that doesn't mean he has the right to tell the rest of us when to get a mamogram! He said if we were going to be part of the system, and of course all of our taxes will be raised to accomodate this health plan. But what if some of us are just willing to pay our taxes and decline the "benefit of the system?" I don't believe in using doctors, and I'm not alone on this. Even those that utilize the medical system don't want to be told when and where to go and to be sent. Is he going to take away my freedom of religion to take care of my health?
I don't want to vote republican. So why, is my only choice on the democrat ticket, to be "kept" by Obama, be sent to the doctor by Edwards, or vote for one more woman that's had sex with Bill Clinton?
It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive