Thursday, September 06, 2007

Republicans

I have to be honest here, I haven't written to any of the republican candidates, yet, but I do have a couple of observations, I'd like to make . . . then I'll ask questions. I've been rather ambivalently interested in Fred Thompson's campaign. He's really economized on the campaign trail with great media coverage, while having not officially thrown his hat in the ring. Very economical strategy, and while the rest of the candidates are spending fortunes and warming up to tear each other apart, he's remained a safe distance. This plan could be a promising strategy. Only time will tell, but he's certainly kept himself from being picked apart in the first six months that the others have "declared" themselves to be fair targets in open season! He's had top coverage with the declared candidates, yet not had to spend "valuable financing" or participate in the "line up comparisons."
Mitt Romney is an interesting individual. Well, actually, I don't know much about him politically, but he's got the same pensive look in his eyes as Franklin and Billy Graham. So, I'm guessing that means his religion is important to him. I have taken a more superficial view of Mitt Romney and his wife. I just personally have this thought that if Ken and Barbie were brought to life, they'd be Mr. and Mrs. Mitt Romney. Sorry, I just don't listen to him with any depth. It seems to me, that to be President of the United States is just next on the list of this man's agenda.
I've been trying to stay aware of Rudy's campaign, I think mostly because he seems a formidable candidate against Hillary, but I have one concern that just will not go away. When I first began to listen to Rudy, I was really considering something I had never considered before. I was thinking of voting republican, but in listening to this man that almost caused me to convert, I have heard a very disconcerting message that he continues to repeat. I have a real problem with a man that is pro-war and pro-gun control, and considers his religion a private matter. It just has a bizarre unbalanced ring to me. I couldn't believe I hadn't recognized this fact sooner. He just truly sounds like the present administration. If he is pro military power, yet pro gun control, we the people are just one step away from losing the right to defend ourselves for our own safety.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of YHVH our G~d. Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive