Monday, July 09, 2007

Where Do We Go, Now That It Has "Sunk In?"

It has finally "sunk in." America is going to continue on this collision course, until it collides with an immovable and/or unsinkable object or presence. The present administration has determined that America will be a force to be reckoned with, and yet America has proven it simply operates on fear. How do we, even begin to think, we can come out of this mess as victors or as some sort of authority, when this nation is cowering at every corner and living in "fear" of the potentially imagineable? I read again in the past few days, that since the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq, America has not been attacked. You know what? America was not attacked between the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq. So, with that logic, we could safely say that America has not been attacked since we declared war on Afghanistan, Iraq was unnecessary. I say unnecessary, since all the other "axis of evil" can be dealt with diplomatically.
It has finally "sunk in." I am not going to vote. I can't believe this! I am going through some sort of withdrawal, but I am not even going to bother. I truly, in my heart of hearts, believe it is already decided and I refuse to participate in the facade and help "create" the concept that the government is by the people and for the people. I have realized, or at least, come to believe that I am simply a prop in the scenario of "free elections" and democracy.
It has finally "sunk in." This nation will continue to inprison those that are suspected of terrorism or "enemy combatant," but the definition of terrorist or combatant will continue to be broad and vague and expandedly encompassing. I read that our nation's leaders are actually debating what would happen if Guantanamo Bay were shut down . . . Would all of those prisoners be relocated to prisons in the US and then "have some sort of rights?"
We've gone over the edge and we're over the top . . .
This is a collision course that will not redirect or refocus.
So what do we do?
How do we maintain our sanity, while discerning the magnitude of the mess that has been made? How do we support the troops, while wanting to bring them home?
How do we participate in a "democracy" when we believe it is a puppet government occupying other lands?
This realization is disheartening. I truly wanted to believe that our government was on the level with us. I truly wanted to believe that our leaders simply didn't know how to protect the general public, but the fact that the present administration has no direction other than inciting fear, has raised a level of concern for me.
I am an American citizen, that truly loves the people of this nation and devoutly believes that America has been "lead astray" or "sold out," and taken Israel with us, for this enticement of perpetual motion and perpetual propaganda of fear.
as YHVH G~d of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.
Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive