Monday, July 16, 2007

EXTREME-ly Fair and Balanced

I awoke this morning to the sound of the fair and balanced news right before Dr. Bill. I truly don't think I get the first hour of Dr. Bill and I know I don't get the entire show, but he's certainly doing his best to beat the war drum in the direction of Iran. But, truthfully, I'm getting used to the pundit's agendas, so I listen in the morning and check in, in the evening, so I know what the programmed people are being programmed to think and believe. I'm not really addressing what the "good" teacher, Dr. Bill is educating his listeners to believe and think. As I listened to the headlines at the top of the hour, I was shocked to hear the word "assault" used in reference to the bill proposed by Warner and Lugar regarding Iraq. The newscaster or should I say, news commentator made mention of the "assault" on President Bush . . . 's war plan or lack thereof. As I listened to him, and to be honest, I haven't heard it since, nor could I find it in the printed reports online, but I know I heard it. I've been noticing a great deal of that type of reporting. A word used that is really not appropriate to the situation, will stick in the mind of the programmed listener and they will begin to think about it, then a "news" commentator will elaborate upon that thought and the next thing you know . . . those "dirty so-and-so's" are out to get the moral conservatives. I'm noticing that "news/talk" radio makes their own issues, then beat them to death, like some sort of martyred persecution, and the next thing you know, it is the topic of controversy in the news. It's extremism, plain and simple. These overstated verbs, excessively dramatic adjectives, and mole hill comments made into 3 hour commentary mountains, serve no other purpose than to incite extremism, and exacerbate illogical ideology.
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going . . .
a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive