Thursday, July 26, 2007

Reality Check

Well, I still have heard nothing else from Hillary, but I have noticed Bill is more in the forefront, so she appears to be presenting him as an "involved party," but she's never answered my question. John Edwards is still determined to battle poverty and is asking "millions" of hard working Americans for money. I wonder what the annual average income is, for all of us that he's soliciting donations. I still have issues with the basis of this thinking. How is a rich guy that is asking for donations going to fix a problem as big as poverty? Now, Mr. Obama, as he proclaims his new approach and fresh face for politics, he's so very "business as usual." Big promises of personal interest, and please send money. So what's new about his politics? Pretty wife, adorable children, and all his activities that make him qualified to want to be our president keeps him away from those very people or keeps him dragging them along on his political agenda. So, again, what's new about him? He is thorough, however; after sending my question via e-mail, I received a phone call from someone in his campaign, inviting me to attend some organizational meeting just 80 miles away from where I live. What a personal, hands on, American experience kind of guy he must be . . .
I said, I wasn't going to comment on republican candidates, but that really isn't fair or balanced of me, so I'll start with McCain. All the headlines indicate that he is not long for the '08 race. He's out of money, his staff is leaving, and he's promoting some very unpopular policies. Senator McCain is still very pro-Iraq war. He was instrumental in the bill that failed regarding illegal aliens. He has already been told by America in 2000, that he's just not what the republicans want, and now here it is; 2008 is fast approaching and he is insisting that he has a chance at leading America in a direction we are obviously not interested in going. I was truly saddened by a quote I read at CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/26/mccain.departures.ap/index.html?iref=topnews
"I think we're doing fine. I'm happy to see the reception I'm getting here in New Hampshire," McCain said. "We're going to be fine over time. Most people aren't focusing on the race yet. Our campaign has had ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we'll be just fine."
If this man, by some bizarre chance ended up at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., just how realistic does any of his rhetoric sound? I respect the fact that he served in the military and I have great sympathy for the fact that he was a POW, but we need more reality in the White House, especially considering what has gone on through the Bush/Clinton/Bush years. We need someone who can truly address reality.
Come now, and let us reason together . . . Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive