Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Holding Doctors Accountable

I debated about whether or not I'd blog today, realizing most people won't be at their usual computer sites today, but since our religion is not NATIONALISM, it's business as usual around here. I don't want to be a hypocrite that gripes about the war and the administration, then celebrates the rocket's red glare and bursting bombs. Oh, I used to be outspoken about the fact that fireworks should not be illegal, when used in celebrating independence . . . but there are so many more issues now, and that one is a far cry from important. I do think, however; that these people that have placed their trust in their government and their allegiance to a piece of cloth, should be able to celebrate according to their faith. Now, to the real topic of the blog . . .
I told some right wing folks a few years ago, that I thought the increasing costs of medical care could be funding terrorism. I commented on the number of foreign doctors, but the right wing folks don't listen to me anyway, they think I'm a religious fanatic. I guess I need to have a talk radio program to get their attention, so I'll blog this for the group of people that receive information. I'll qualify this upfront. I do not believe in doctors, nor do I utilize their powers. Doctors are truly gods in our culture, and to that end, they are held to very little accountability. Patients can say or do the wrong thing and immediately doctors can invoke court orders, but doctors are investigated for months before any action is taken, if any ever is. How much more damage is done to how many more people, in the investigative interim? Usually patients die before a doctor is held to account. I've noticed in news headlines in the past few years, that many bizarre murders have been committed by those on some sort of medication . . . Medicated kids shooting up schools and malls. Medicated mothers killing their children. I's a frightening phenomenon that will unfortunately probably only be researched by those in the medical field. The UK has realized, just because a person has an education and wears white, doesn't necessarily make them good guys. Sadly, here in the states, an entire family has died, because a doctor assumed way too much arrogant authority. Actually, I have given thought to the Edwards campaign on the simple fact that he has held doctors to account with mal practice law suits. Perhaps it's time to realize, we the people, need to reduce our dependency upon this elite group that finds accountability incompatible with a god complex.
And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers . . .
Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive