Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Volatile Situation Alleviated, Disaster Avoided

Dear Mr. Blair,
Please forgive me for not having written sooner. I'm really not a rude American. I wanted to write about three things and knowing how busy you are, I will be brief.
First, I'd like to tell you how happy and relieved I am that your soldiers have been returned safely and I hope and pray they are receiving a hero's welcome. I can't imagine all the things that must have gone through their minds these past several days. Please tell them to ignore our arrogant pundits and "what they would have done" and "what our military would have done." The whole world can see that we can't handle what we've done and we can't even get along in our own nation's capital, so all that bravado is simply embarrassing for those of us with a sense of reason.
Second, I'm sorry that our country and this misdirected war inwhich you have faithfully served as an ally to the United States has cost your country so much militarily and the faith of the Britons in your decision. I truly hope and pray you continue in your plan to withdraw your troops from the civil war in Iraq. And do you think you could get the President of the United States to listen to you? He won't listen to "we the people."
And last, but certainly not the least item I'd like to share is, to tell you is how much I admire the way you handled this tense situation with the President of Iran and the President of the United States. I was shocked and saddened that your ally, America, seemed to want so much more turmoil and tension to errupt. I'm so glad you were able to maintain a calm and rational perspective in the midst of a very tense situation. This is another of the areas, I really wish our President would listen to other world leaders. It seems so many situations are escalated by aggressive threats. Sir, you are to be commended for your diplomacy.
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

No comments:

Blog Archive