Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Think We've All Learned Something . . .

This will be my last post about Don Imus for awhile, and I read that his radioathon is doing very well and he's received a great deal of support; but I just wanted to share how much I've learned from this event.
First, I think we all now realize that saying "I'm sorry" is simply not good enough for most people.
Second, the captain of the Rutger team was quoted saying that Mr. Imus "has stolen a moment of pure grace from us." So, obviously grace isn't what we thought it was, either. I would think Mr. Imus had given them the perfect opportunity to have a moment of pure grace, which they opted out of.
Third, I've learned that equal rights really isn't about equality, because it wasn't wrong for Alan Colmes black guest to use the "n" word several times on the radio and I'm not talking about the word "nappy." Nobody has asked for his career. There was no NAACP uproar through the stand-up comedy years of Richard Pryor. So, technically, I guess now, equal rights means some can and some can't and the ones that can are the ones that will decide who can't. It seems that now the "n" word has really divided us racially, reversed. Blacks use it, whites cannot. How interesting . . . So is the word itself offensive, or not?
Fourth, I have discoverd that Barack Obama apparently has no idea what it was like to live in the real world in U.S. until he became an adult, since he obviously thought racial issues were resolved in 1964, so his parents could get together and have him in 1961. Oh that's right, he went to private schools in other countries and Hawaii. Well, then perhaps, if he's so worried about his daughters, he needs to do as much for them as his mother did for him.
Fifth, I've learned that the title of Reverend doesn't necessarily mean G~d's loving nature will be displayed.
Sixth, I've realized how much Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson on the subject of Imus, sound like Rush Limbaugh harping on the Clintons. Go back and read or listen, don't they sound just like him?
Seventh, I've learned that free speech is gone for most of us. And once again, I will say, what Don Imus said was a stupid remark, but isn't it interesting that so many of us thought the republican politicians were trying to take our free speech, when in reality it's turned out to be democrat preachers . . . hummmmmm
And last, I've learned whether it's sports or politics here in America . . . it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's who you can ruin in the process!
A false balance is abomination to YHVH . . .

No comments:

Blog Archive