Thursday, December 29, 2005

Altering the Weather Doesn't Require Costly Research

I really do try to just go on about life and refrain from noticing everything with a "different perspective." My mom always told me, I just tried to be weird. For some time now, the subject of weather has bothered me. I read a very insightful article today about the possibility of altering the weather and the funding for the research, which gave the same reasons for concern that I have had. We ran out of letters for hurricane names, California was burning for half of the summer and now is flooding. The midwest has been in a drought since Y2K, and flooded in '93. There were floods in New England, and more snow than they could shovel in the Ohio valley and the Rockies. And tornadoes have just appeared in all sorts of strange places at very strange times. Texas and Oklahoma are truly in crisis and the aftermath of Katrina continues, not to mention Rita and Wilma. The midwest had a horrible harvest of grains this year, but the soybean rust didn't arrive, so those that stockpiled the antidote are all that are hurt there . . .We do need help and we do need to alter something. As I heard some reporter today make mention of "thanking the wind" for the fires calming in Oklahoma and Texas, it was then confirmed, clearly. We have literally chosen to take G~d out of the equation where weather is concerned. The next thing I heard was a comment asking the meteorologist to "look into his crystal ball" for the 5 day weather prediction??? How many years have we just accepted in the American culture and comments about "mother nature?" We have personified storms by giving them names and then attempted to depersonalize the Creator by referring to "nature." Oh, and now we are considering funding research to alter weather??? We've done such a 'whiz-bang job' of everything else on earth, we have the audacity to presume that we can help G~d out of this weather tempest?
I've done a little research on my own and discovered something without the aid of grants or federal funding and at absolutely no increase to the deficit, here are my results: Repentance is much cheaper and more effective than Research. Now I realize, many may attempt to find a point of disagreement, but with that disagreement, I would ask: So, what is your better idea?


Ye shall keep My sabbaths, and reverence My sanctuary: I am the LORD. If ye walk in My statutes, and keep My commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: The Holy Bible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughtful and interesting, as always. Glad to see you back with some regularity.

As a side note, might want to do a google search for the H.A.A.R.P. project in Alaska. It does tie in, and is very interesting. With weather changes (created by man), also comes side effects like mind control. Oh, yes. It is very true. I'd be very interested to hear your take on the project.

Blog Archive