Monday, December 26, 2005

The Artful Adjectives

I am referring to the adjectives that I think are probably copyrighted "fair and balanced" by one of the "news" providers in our nation, otherwise known as media. I make a point of reading "both sides" of the news every day, but what I am realizing is that the conservatives truly seem to have choreographed the scene that establishes their own role as victims. That, however; is a blog for another day. What I would like to make note of today is the "alarming and unnerving" headlines that are presented under the auspice of fair and balanced. I, of course, have been trying to stay current on the updates of Israel, including PM Sharon's health. When the alarm came on this morning I heard that he would be undergoing a cardiac catheterization in a couple of weeks. Then I checked the "other" news source, the one that supposedly provides a liberal slant, according to the "fair and balanced" media competitor. Their report was also that PM Sharon would be hospitalized in a couple of weeks for a cardiac cath that would correct something that he had apparently lived with his entire life, but was discovered during his recent hospitalization. Now, as I always do, I went from there to the "fair and balanced" to read in the headline pertaining to PM Sharon "Heart Surgery." I immediately thought what the conservatives promote. "The other side didn't give the accurate information." But, as I clicked on to read, I discovered the exact same information that I had heard all day. It was simply placed under a less than calming headline. And this caused me to wonder, since I hear several "fair and balanced" followers that do not listen to any other source of news, because of the so-called bias. This was not the first time, the implication and innuendo seemed more alarming than other sources, and even more alarming than the information contained in the article. Are these people hearing "fair and balanced" and then being delivered adrenaline pumping headlines to keep them stirred up? Is "fair and balanced" soon to be associated and defined by apprehension and alarm?
do not swerve to the right or to the left . . .

No comments:

Blog Archive