Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Chick-Fil-A, Business in America

I am absolutely disgusted that the word "tolerance" has become a battering ram for bully agendas and religious views are either judged or judgmental or wrapped in politics and money. I'm not a part of the Chick-Fil-A Project on either side of the agenda. Rather than the gays and religious fighting each other, I think we should take note that certain mayors are using their position in government to control business. Although I am not gay, I'm far, far from my first marriage, so I also was included in a group which Mr. Cathy considers outside of his Scriptural beliefs. And you know, I still believe he has the right to voice his beliefs. His business has garnered quite a following just in being closed on Sunday, which I don't find to be Scriptural. I realize, this has rallied the Christians to a new battle in the political war, and that will probably result in bigger sales today and hopefully no adverse health issues for those that are willing to consume fast food for their cause. If this was a hot button issue for me, I don't think it sounds very heart smart to eat fried food all fired up! Now, moving right along to the new battle the gays have declared, to have some sort of "kiss in" Friday in all the parking lots of Chick-Fil-A. Well isn't that sweet . . . It's really time to make up their minds. Do they want equality or special treatment? And what about we serial brides? Do we make a date with our ex at Chick-Fil-A in protest? I think not. I look at the gay community about the same way I look at seniors. They do not seem to want equality, they appear to want special treatment and special rights. I do know I really don't like the new definition of tolerance, in a society that's just waiting to be offended and mad about something! It would seem "tolerance" has become the antonym of "free speech" and the excuse to be self-serving.
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. - words of Messiah

No comments:

Blog Archive