Monday, January 10, 2011

A Moment of Silence

Now that prayer is politically incorrect, what do we do as a nation in the face of tragedy? Well, it is a moment of change. A moment of silence is one moment that acknowledges we, as a people, do not have all the answers and for one brief moment, we'll cease from casting blame, but just for one moment . . . The political rhetoric will return and at some point, G-D will be allowed into the social conversation, because someone will ask why HE allowed this tragedy. It seems that's about the only time it is politically correct, now, to refer to G-D; when we are blaming HIM in the form of a question. A sort of social game in fashion of Jeopardy, with religious overtones. Now, as I read the reports regarding the Congresswoman, the little girl, the judge and the alleged assailant, I am heartbroken. I know G-D allowed this, but I also believe G-D did not ordain this and that isn't easy to express in this Romanesque society, we call America. Rather than a moment of silence, I pray for Gabrielle Giffords, and the families of those that are grieving the loss of their loved ones, and for the recovery of the rest of those that were injured, but more than all of that, I pray that those in America would truly see the condition of America. I also pray that the remnant would remain strong and true to our G-D. There is a matter than I'm not really praying about at this time, but I truly do wish the media would stop laying the groundwork for an insanity defense . . . It's as if this individual is being offered an insanity defense served up on a silver platter and I think that is wrong. I also believe all politicians that use violent innuendo in their rhetoric should be held accountable for their words, but then G-D's Word already says they will, so I'll leave that alone. I can't expect a G-Dless nation to uphold the Word of G-D at this time, but I do pray that our politics and our media do not lay the groundwork for cold blooded murder to be accepted on the grounds of insanity. I, personally, believe there is no longer any time for silence.
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. History of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive