Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tis the Season

Another year of politically correct celebration! I simply cannot wait. I've already heard a few comments that simply make me say Hummm? I heard on the radio this morning a DJ read some "thought for the day" which stated we should know something about three other religions besides our own beliefs. He then proceeded to share something from his youth. He had asked his parents about a child at school that didn't have a Christmas tree and didn't talk about Santa like Christians. The child was Jewish and so this Christian child's parents were able to share with him a little about Hanukkah. I just can't help but be surprised and saddened, though, that according to Christians, the Christian holiday celebration seems to revolve around a tree and old fat guy that supposedly knows as much as G~D. But their Jesus is the reason for the season! Now most Biblical scholars claim that the Messiah was not born in winter and we can clearly see that the tree described in Jeremiah appears to look alot like a Christmas tree, which was obviously around long before any baby was born in a manger in Bethlehem. I don't understand why Christians would embrace the way of the heathen to celebrate a birthday that didn't really happen at that time and then call it persecution when the rest of us question it. I celebrate Messiah, but I'm uncertain when his actual day of birth was. I'm pretty much with most of the Bible scholars, though, in that I believe it was through the fall holy days. Since his death aligns with Passover, I'm guessing His birth aligns with Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur or a day through Sukkot. At any rate, as the season unfolds, I'm really sure that whenever His birthday was, He's not thrilled that it's being celebrated with materialism, heathen customs and some old fat guy in red whose name contains the same letters as the enemy Messiah came to defeat. Meanwhile, I'm going to celebrate a feast that Messiah celebrated and I would invite all those that follow Him to do the same.
And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive