Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy **** Thanksgiving

I think most of America is anxiously awaiting their travel plans for this Thanksgiving. Frankly as a Native American, I'm not so sure about the way things turn out when you make it comfy for the immigrants, yet I digress. I can't help but wonder if the pilgrims and founding fathers were watching all this hoopti-la today, what they would be thinking. Of course we know that Ben Franklin has already said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." I can only imagine the thoughts that would go through George Washington's mind, but I'm sure if he were here today to watch us all cowering and submitting, he'd think the bitter cold, endured at Valley Forge was wasted on us. I can't imagine Thomas Jefferson even giving us the time of day. And as we look to this travel nightmare that everyone that has bought a plane ticket must endure, I can't help but wonder just what the Puritans would have to say. Can you imagine those guys with the big hats and big muskets letting some dimwit that is "just following orders" grope about? And what about the "working girls of TSA" feeling up under all those Quaker skirts. Yes, America has certainly progressed . . . I'm proud to say I decided I was finished flying when my underwires posed a "national threat" to air travel safety, several years ago. I remember fondly, receiving real silver ware on European flights and simply walking through and speaking with security in Israel. Israel knows a lot about security and dignity. America appears to know little about either. I'm happy to not be in the fearful throngs this holiday and I truly am sorry for those that are. I'm simply shocked at the number of comments I've made on this blog through the years about TSA, and how many of them are just no longer tongue in cheek. Our American society is starting to seem like a really bad Tech-no Sci-Fi movie. I've concluded that if we are willing to give up this much freedom, Osama bin Laden is probably watching all this in his cave, laughing his butt off and declaring victory. If he is actually the one responsible for 9/11 . . . If bin Laden is responsible for 9/11, then we have him to thank for TSA.
TSA is now Terrorizing Sensible Americans. To be honest, there is a part of me that would like to buy a ticket to somewhere close and just do my part as an American to OPT OUT on Wednesday. And by the way, since TSA and the powers that be have stated they are working on changing some policy, do not, I repeat DO NOT expect it to get better or reclaim any dignity in the mess.
Because I thought, Surely the fear of G~D is not in this place; and they will slay me . . . Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive