Wednesday, November 03, 2010

American Politics

Elections seem to bring out the best or worst, or I guess, the "real" in people. They stand up for what they believe and are willing to argue for their candidate or at least against "the other" guy. Running for office is stressful! I only ran for a county level office and I learned more than I ever wanted to know about politics and people. I certainly found out who my friends were, and discovered I had a few anonymous fans that I didn't know. I've been amazed at the blindness in politics, and I'm not talking about the politicians. It's just flabbergasting to see and hear people talk about a particular candidate or party and the same trait or event is viewed completely different based upon the favor of the party and person. I find it interesting that both sides of the aisle now have a favorite "quitter." Our President didn't finish his term in the Senate to become President and Sarah P. quit being governor to "be a famous tea partier." Now, to hear those Sarah P. fans, President Obama never had a real job and quit everything to move on to bigger things. Which is true. To hear the Obama fans, who of course, are no fan of Sarah P. she's just an attention starved quitter. Which from my perspective, also appears to be true. So, can both sides be right? When it comes to manipulating, maneuvering politicians, I have a terrible time telling them apart, other than the attitude of their fan clubs against the other party. So, now that we're again hoping for change, I'm guessing it will be more of the same. I have noticed that both sides seem to be increasing in their anger for the other side, though . . . not the change I was hoping for.
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive