Monday, July 06, 2009

Analysis

Not the psychological kind, although it seems many Americans may qualify. I'm talking about analyzing everyone else's motives and next steps. I guess it would be political and economic analysis. And since I don't plan to blog again until near the end of the week, I'm going to analyze or pseudo analyze just a couple of things in the news. First, the Sarah Palin resignation. Rush Limbaugh isn't talking yet. Oh, he's given her some coverage, but since she's a conservative, he's not going to dissect her non-reason answer that she said was her reasons! While I'm on Sarah, I think the best coverage she could manage and the most attention she can get is to go after the media using the media. You know, her own talk show or something, so she's out front every day, the spot light is on her, but she gets to choose the topic. You know, there's enough room for Rush and Sean in the conservative pundit camp, but would there be for two women. Can you see the proverbial cat fight between Sarah and Ann Coulter? Who would want to miss that?
Now to GM, which from the news report this morning is about to become Government Motors, co-owned by Canada and the US, bringing the two countries that much closer. Now, if this is what happens when government helps, what do you think will happen to health care? Does anyone really believe government involvement is only going to offer choices and assistance? When does more government really ever offer the people a choice? And how much does the assistance really cost in the long run? I'm not looking forward to a warranty on my vehicle backed by the government, I can't imagine trusting my body to Washington. So, will the US and Canada combine their efforts in providing health care, as well?
And so, with being said, I'm going to be offline for a couple of days.
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. the Preacher of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive