Monday, June 16, 2008

The Ultimate Flip Flop

Imagine my surprise when I read today, that President Bush wants to capture Osama Bin Laden before he leaves office. Isn't it interesting how Osama bin Laden has not been a priority since March of '03, except right before elections? Sometimes this makes me wonder if there really is an Osama bin Laden . . . I know there was a tragedy on 9/11, but it's this administration that is our source for this information , and frankly it's been this administration that has led us on more than one rabbit trails. We've been told that Osama bin Laden claimed responsibility, but who told us that? And we've been told that he was surrounded in the Tora Bora mountains, but George W. Bush gave orders to go to Iraq . . . because even though Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, based upon "reliable intelligence," there was the possibility of WMD . . . Now, to be honest, I expected his capture in fall of 2004, before November. I even told people I expected it, but all we got was a lousy video the last week of October. Apparently that was enough to win the election, but . . . I also remember when it was reported in December of '01 that Osama bin Laden was dead. So, if he was dead then, and George Bush said he wasn't a priority, why, other than an election, would he be a priority now? Could it be that President Bush wants to put a shine on his tarnished presidency, or could it be . . . America is going to run rough shod over Musharraff right into Pakistan? I read today, we've put the British up to that maneuver. I know, what if all of our "good intelligence" reveals that Osama bin Laden is in Syria or better yet, Iran? Or what if he just runs that way when the Brits flush him out of Pakistan? We have to be ready for him, right?
This new priority on Osama bin Laden tells me it's going to be a busy 7 months before 1600 Pennsylvania Ave receives new tenants.
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. Matthew's account of the Gospel

No comments:

Blog Archive