Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Now That "Change" is Official . . .

I wrote a blog a couple of weeks ago that outlined my idea of change for Mr. Obama's plan, if he's really talking "change," but for some reason, it didn't post when I wrote it. I'm guessing I did something wrong. At any rate, last night when I realized the error, it posted to the date I wrote it. That means it's buried in all the other timely perspectives, I've written since.
So, I'm going to cut and paste it right here.

CHANGE

Although I hear Senator Obama mention change quite frequently, I'm still not sure just what he has in mind. Maybe I'm not listening well enough or maybe he'll become clearer, once the race is declared officially, or maybe he's like every other politician and saying what it takes to get elected. Only time will tell, but I have an idea that I'd like to share regarding his administration, should he be elected.For the most part, I don't have specific individuals in mind, but I think this plan would truly bring about change in Washington and perhaps reinstate America's, once valued reputation, throughout the world. This next four years, will not be an easy term, what with walking into two wars, a horrible economy, a terrible reputation world wide, and the confidence of most Americans at an all time low. As a matter of fact, the only people happy right now, will be the biggest critics, if Obama wins the election. But at least from the last polls I read, it's only about 30%, so it's not a large group, but it is an angry, aggressive one.Now, here's my suggestion, if Mr. Obama is really going to make change from "politics as usual:"Assemble a different kind of cabinet.VP: Right now, I'm leaning toward Ann Coulter. It's not like the VP really makes decisions or even has to be diplomatic. The present administration has demonstrated that. I realize nobody is discussing race or gender right now, but a white woman on the ticket may not be a bad idea! She said she'd support Hillary if McCain was the Republican nominee and we know Hillary will back Obama, ultimately. That would also give us change, 4 years of Ann Coulter being quiet and polite. The way the pundits discuss patriotism and service to our country, could she refuse?Attorney General: A Public Defender from the MidwestSecretary of State: John Edwards, he's winsome, tactful, and clearly a negotiator to winSecretary of Treasury: The Monopoly ChampionSecretary of Defense: a Grandma that knows how to resolved conflict and take control, butdoesn't believe all differences are solved by violence, and doesn't wanther grandson in someone else's political maneuvers.Secretary of Interior: a Person of Native American DescentSecretary of Agriculture: a Farmer that really farms his land, personallySecretary of Commerce: a Person on a real budgetSecretary of Labor: Someone that has had a real job outside of politicsSecretary of Health and Human Services: a FiremanSecretary of Housing and Urban Development: Someone that started over, without FEMA provision or intervention, either after a storm or foreclosureSecretary of Transportation: a Father of 3 or more teens of driving ageSecretary of Energy: my Dad who taught me water doesn't have run the entire time I'm brushing my teeth and "turn the lights off when you leave the room," retired from Power and Light Co.Secretary of Education: an Elementary Teacher of the Primary Grades that has truly taught what is needed for life and dealt with the reality of educationSecretary of Veteran's Affairs: a Viet Nam vet that served in combat, that wasn't an officerSecretary of Homeland Security: a Mother that has raised toddlers and teenagers,simultaneouslyI realize this list needs some specifics, but it's a start, if politics as usual is on it's way out! This is the one area that I agree with Mr. Obama. Our country was much stronger and certainly more respected before the era of "professional politicians." Actually, according to American history, this country was at it's best when ordinary citizens declared the intent, penned the purpose, and established the laws.The founding fathers were just regular people and Betsy Ross simply knew how to sew.
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us . . . New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive