Monday, August 20, 2007

Candidate Update

It's been awhile since I gave a candidate update, so here goes.
I still haven't heard any more from Hillary. Perhaps I didn't send my question to the right "dot com." And as Jeff pointed out in one of his comments here, Hillary has already "accepted" where her stand is likely to be. I'm guessing, if she is elected, she'll remain as ineffective as she has been in the Senate. As a matter of fact, as she claims all this experience as first lady of Arkansas and first lady of the country, just what does that mean in accomplishments? She has had more unaccountable authority and unelected power than any person in recent US history, and what has she accomplished? Just what has she gotten done? I heard her comments on health care regarding other's failures, but I believe her 1993 attempt was also a failure and she has already explained being funded by big corporations, so I can't see that she's going to be any different than what we already have. Do I think Hillary could ever represent the common citizen? Hardly! She's managed to live in the finest "government housing" available while still maintaining the freedom to be unaccountable and make investments and accept donations. Let some other woman on government housing try that!
Let's move on to Mr. Obama. I've heard from his campaign committee 19 times, so far. Seventeen of those messages have come through my e-mail and two have come to my home by phone. I had to list my information if I wanted to post a question, so now my information is used at the discretion of his campaign, without having answered my question. I received a call the other evening, inviting me to some dinner or something about 80 miles away, and I asked why they were calling me. She said I had indicated I might be supportive. Well, I proceeded to tell her, Mr. Obama sounds like politics as usual. He was a "nobody" placed in the public spotlight at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. I'd say that was an obvious political move, then. He's asking for donations and he's saying "trust me." So, what's so different about him, than any other politician. I got tickled at her statement that told me I could go to his "dot com" and read all of his information, and that is when I realized; as messy as this nation is, I'm not about to cast a vote for someone that doesn't have any track record that shows, where he's been. It's so nice that he can continue to say that he didn't vote to go to Iraq. Well neither did any of the rest of us that weren't in the Senate or the House in 2002! He just doesn't seem like a guy that is in touch with, "we the people." And, he has taken advantage of the fact that I listed my phone number to ask a question. He hasn't, yet, answered my question, but he's used my phone number. If I wanted more government assumption and intrusion in my life, he'd have my vote!
I've heard from the Edwards camp 22 times, and all by the e-mail address I sent my question, so that's a good thing. Some of his stuff is kind of folksy and quaint and that's okay, too. I don't care for his health care idea and I know he'll end up raising taxes, but you know . . . I'd rather pay more taxes now, than leave this huge debt, run up by the current administration, for my grandchildren to pay. I am sorry that he sank to the level of "the conservative high road" in his ongoing feud with Ann Coulter. He shouldn't have called her a name, and frankly the one he chose indicates so much more power than she actually possesses, although the word, possessed, does cross my mind when I read her comments or view her "pundit performances."
So, that's the Candidate Update on the 20th of August, 2007.
Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers. the Prophets of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive