Monday, August 27, 2007

Adios, Alberto

Another member of the Bush camp, leaves for "all of the right reasons" under false accusations . . . Whatever. I wasn't a fan of Mr. Gonzales, I thought he went way over the top in presenting what was needed to "protect the people." Alberto Gonzales actually made John Ashcroft appear to be a reasonable man. And as someone from Missouri, I can assure you, making John Ashcroft seem reasonable is quite a feat, indeed. But by contrast, he has. I cannot say I am sorry to see Mr. Gonzales' resignation, actually quite to the contrary. But I think what I have noticed at this point is the number of times in the Bush tenure, that our President has said something is, or something is not, or something has been accomplished, or stay the course, or time to change, or whatever our President has claimed, very little of his statements seem to prove out later. I wish, we in America, knew what was going on. All we know is the political double speak of "he's staying, he's staying, he's staying . . . to I've accepted his resignation." We don't get any real concrete evidence or reasons, just vague, nondescript warning or acceptance. You know, if President Bush were truly the leader of a godly nation, and he claimed that he had prayed about his direction and stood firm on that, we'd have a President with the absolute power he so desires. Actually, if he were a godly leader of a godly nation, he would have all the power of heaven at his fingertips. But for now, he's accepting of the power that his followers give him. It would seem, at the rate that his "faithful inner circle" is resigning, perhaps we should be taking note of two things. Where are these people going after their resignation? Isn't a man of G~d supposed to get something accurate, at some point. I remember when our President said that Mr. Gonzales would not be resigning. Of course, this is the same man and same administration that claimed Weapons of Mass Destruction and stated "mission accomplished."
Then said he unto me, Son of man, these are the men that devise mischief, and give wicked counsel in this city: a prophet of Holy Scriptures

No comments:

Blog Archive